Sunday, September 9, 2012

Tavel

As usual, my preferred rose is again Chateau Trinquevedel, but Guillaume has added another option to his traditional and gastronomic wines. This is a lighter wine, with more citrus and acid, which represents a modern style for the lightly colored reds of Tavel.

I like this term, lightly colored reds. These are wines of maceration rather than of bleeding the must.

They have hit the spot with this new wine. Not as light and pale as a Provençal rose, but fruitier and more citrus than traditional Tavel. Added to the other wines of the portfolio, this fills a necessary slot.

I doubt any will make it back to the States with me, and it is not imported. The wine is designed for local restaurant, cafe, and bistro sale.

Someone has written the book I planned for Tavel. It is well done, and introduces the concept of a pale red wine of maceration. A good way to characterize traditional Tavel.

No comments:

Post a Comment